- 1 Guide to HMRC Personal Tax Account Login 2022
- 1.1 Necessary Information for HMRC Personal Tax login
- 1.2 How to Sign In to HMRC Personal Tax Account
- 1.3 Information and Accessibility for the Online Personal Tax Account Users
- 1.4 How to Troubleshoot HMRC Login Problems
Guide to HMRC Personal Tax Account Login 2022
Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), the non-ministerial department of the government of the UK was established on 18 April 2005 after the merger of Her Majesty’s Custom and Excise with the Inland Revenue.
The organization is responsible for collecting direct taxes and controls a range of administrative responsibilities including decision-making and implementation of minimum national wage by enforcement, Management of the Child Trust Fund, Alcohol duties, etc.
The HMRC introduced the online services in April 2016 for easy access to the personal tax account for both personal and business taxpayers in the UK. Simply follow the step-by-step instructions herein to HMRC Personal Tax account login without any problems. There are some essential guidelines for additional help, you may require when you sign in to the account.
Necessary Information for HMRC Personal Tax login
When on the HMRC sign-in page, you will have to enter the following details to log in to your account.
- The Government Gateway ID (provided to all HMRC online services users)
- Password (created at the time of HMRC online account registration)
The admin may prompt you to enter your National Insurance Number so it is better to keep it ready when you want to login to the HMRC online services.
How to Sign In to HMRC Personal Tax Account
The login procedure is different for the range of HMRC services you want to access online. If you have created HMRC Personal Tax Account, follow these steps to log in successfully.
- Visit the official link https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/personal-account/start-verify
- On the sign-in page, choose the first option to verify (if you are logging into your account for the first time) else choose the second alternative titled ‘I’ve used Verify before’ and click on the ‘Continue’ tab
- Choose the company where you have a Gateway identity account
- On the company page, enter the username and password to access your HMRC personal tax account
If you do not have an identity account, you will find a link guiding you through detailed information.
Information and Accessibility for the Online Personal Tax Account Users
You can perform various actions and find information on the personal tax account when you log in including:
- File personal tax returns
- Check income tax estimate
- View the tax code
- Manage and view the tax credits
- View information on State Pension
- File a claim for a tax refund
- View all submitted tax forms
- Update and view the Marriage allowance information
- Update HMRC information for address change in case of relocation
- View and update details pertaining to work benefits including medical insurance and others
Alternatively, you can visit the link https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/gg/sign-in?continue=/account. On the page, enter your Gateway identity username and password to log in to your HMRC Personal Tax Account.
How to Troubleshoot HMRC Login Problems
1. If you do not have a User ID
You need to create a new account at the HMRC official account registration page
2. Forgot or Lost User Id/ Password
If you already have a registered personal tax account with the HMRC, but lost the login details, you can request the details on the login page.
3. Lost the Activation Code
When you enroll in the online account, you will receive a 12-digit activation code. Ideally, you should receive the code within 10 days from the date of registration. Those who stay abroad may get the code within 21 days. The code is active for 28 days and you need to enter it to activate your account.
If you have lost your code, then log in to your account with the Government Gateway Id and password. On the account page, click on ‘actions’ and choose ‘activate’ to request the new code.
Note: The new online account users will have to complete the verification process when they log in to their account for the first time after the completion of the registration process.