Charity Watch has become increasingly concerned that some charities may be involved in the fundraising opportunity resulting from the conflict in Ukraine without a clear idea of how they will spend the money they receive on relief efforts. This is problematic for two main reasons:
- Donors who respond to solicitations for money donations to aid an awful lot often desire that the insured be given the money right now, not at a later date.
- Charities that are unclear about how they could help, or that have no experience providing aid to Ukraine or in conflict zones, in particular, may be siphoning resources away from organizations that are currently providing boots-on-the-ground humanitarian assistance to suffering people.
Charity Watch reached out to several top-ranked organizations to solicit donations for relief efforts in Ukraine with probing questions regarding the number of donations they have collected so far and how they are using them.
- 0.1 Catholic Relief Services Donation For Ukraine
- 0.2 Aid to the Church in Need
- 0.3 Caritas Internationalis
- 0.4 The Catholic Near East Welfare Association
- 0.5 Catholic Relief Services
- 0.6 Knights of Columbus
- 0.7 Is Catholic Relief Services On The Ground In Ukraine?
- 1 Catholic Relief Services Charity Review
Catholic Relief Services Donation For Ukraine
Catholic charity organizations have taken up the call to provide aid in the form of on-the-ground assistance, supplies, and shelter.
For laypeople seeking ways to support those in need, here are five groups accepting donations for their missions in Ukraine.
Aid to the Church in Need
This organization has shed over $1.5 million to help the Church in Ukraine during this time of war. CEO Thomas Heine-Geldern said in a statement, Because of what we’ve all feared has happened, we’ve gone from 1 to 2 percent Ukrainian army troops out of occupied territories.
ACN has contested the Church in Ukraine for a long time and has no intention of doing that right now. ACN’s website hosts a variety of options for the financial and spiritual support of the Ukrainian people.
Its official website states simply that Ukraine: Help Us to Protect and Save Lives
Caritas Internationalis Secretary-General Aloysius John said that this organization not ignoring the tragic humanitarian implications of this war.
Additionally, he mentioned that it is the duty of the international community to protect the Ukrainian people and ensure their access to lifesaving assistance.
Caritas is a Catholic confederation seeking to be the helping hand of the Church, aiming to build a world based on justice and fraternal love, according to its website.
With members currently working within Ukraine to provide aid, information on financial contributions can be found at www.caritas.org
The Catholic Near East Welfare Association
CNEWA strives to complement the communities where violence and poverty occur. A charity of the Vatican, it distributes funds to that in need, as well as to Christian communities. It is currently with partners on the ground, such as Caritas Ukraine, to support those at risk.
The story is changing by the hour. But what we cannot change is our deep commitment to helping innocent people whose lives are in danger. Your gift will help our brothers and sisters in Ukraine know they are not alone.
Catholic Relief Services
According to the CRS, more than 2.9 million people in Ukraine need relief. Families, forced to flee their homes, are seeking refuge and safety in nearby countries.
Also supporting the work of Caritas, CRS seeks to provide resources such as safe shelter, hot meals, hygiene supplies, transport, and counseling.
When you donate, you provide immediate assistance for your Ukrainian sisters and brothers affected by this crisis.
Knights of Columbus
Founded on charity, unity, and fraternity in 1882, the state of Ohio’s Knights of Columbus Supreme Council endowed its Ukraine Solidarity Fund with $500,000.
100% of the contributions earned through this fund will be given to quickly provide essential items, like food, medical supplies, communications, and religious supplies, to displaced people in Ukraine.
Their goal is $2 million people to help through “Together,” and they can bring Christ’s healing love to a wounded world.
Is Catholic Relief Services On The Ground In Ukraine?
CRS and Caritas partners on the ground require immediate help to meet ongoing needs as the situation worsens.
Your donation supports families in Ukraine and elsewhere in the region by providing food, clothing, and transportation to safe shelter, financial assistance, counseling, and care for children.
Initial urgent efforts and plans to support displaced families include the following:
- Field Kitchens to Provide Food.
- Reception Services At Caritas Offices, Train Stations, And Other Locations For
- Displaced Families In Transit. These Will Provide Information, Referrals, Food, Water, Hygiene Items, And Psychosocial Support.
- Transportation of Displaced Families to Friends, Families, and Local Social Services.
- Evacuation Centers Providing Shelter, Food, And Psychosocial Support For Displaced Families. These Centers Will Include Support To Address Emotional Care, Including Case Management And Child-Friendly Spaces.
- Evacuating Vulnerable Children from Centers in Conflict Areas to Centers in Safe Zones.
Catholic Relief Services Charity Review
This Catholic Relief Services received so many positive responses from all over the world and also people are donating their donations to this organization.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. With more than 70 years of experience.
Also, catholic relief services alleviate suffering and provide assistance to people in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion, or nationality. Read more articles on daily rewards.