According to the Official Website of Car Max to take a 24-hour test drive, you must show that you have both comprehensive and collision coverage. So, if you have any of them Coverage Plans then you can take a 24-hour test drive.
CarMax denied you for a 24-hour test drive because you do not have comprehensive or collision coverage insurance which is most needed for a long-term test drive.
The dealership typically will ask you for your full insurance information and license to protect them in case anything happens, but you should be able to take a car on a longer test drive if you have a real intention of buying a car.
What Type Of Insurance Is Required For 24-Hour Test Drive?
To take a 24-hour test drive, you must show that you have both comprehensive and collision coverage. You can:
- Bring your insurance card or binder, OR
- Show your online coverage once you arrive in-store, OR
- Call your insurance company once you arrive to have an agent verify by phone.
If your coverage does not include comprehensive and collision, you can take a traditional or solo test drive at the store.
How Does CarMax Work?
CarMax is a used car dealer that has a “no-haggle” policy for selling and buying used vehicles. That policy is intended to simplify the process for people who don’t want to spend hours at a dealership dickering over prices.
CarMax has more than 200 physical locations located across the U.S., but you can actually do most of what’s involved in buying or selling a car with CarMax online.
Pros & Cons of CarMax
- Offers a three-day window to replace CarMax financing with a better loan offer.
- The application process can be 100% online including document upload.
- The minimum loan amount is lower than other lenders.
- CarMax Auto Finance borrowers can select payment due dates and manage their loans through the MyCarMax online platform.
- Maximum APR is higher than many other lenders.
- Only finances vehicles sold through CarMax.
- Does not offer pre-qualification with a soft credit check.
- Does not allow co-signers, only co-borrowers.
Key facts about Buying a car from CarMax
- No-haggle pricing. Prices are non-negotiable.
- Delivers vehicles at no cost in certain areas.
- 30-day return option.
- Large national inventory with shipping options.
- Does not accept credit cards for down payments.
CarMax’s “Love Your Car” guarantee
Now Car Max Dealer will allow you to take a car to your home for the night so that you can show it off to your family and friends.
You may like to read about the carmaxautofinance.com login
Also, the salesperson at CarMax will now let you take that car at home because the retailer recently unveiled its new “love your car” guarantee, which not only includes a 24-hour test drive, but also a 30-day return policy. Read more articles on dailyrewards.