How to Write Cheque for Self?
Write Cheque for Self: Cheque is very important document of bank. It orders banker to make payment of the amount which is wrote on the cheque to the person in whose favour check is written. A cheque book is issued to the account holder of a bank. It contains around 15 to 20 cheque.
Cheque contains important details like name of the bank, branch address, account holders name & account name, cheque number, etc. Many people are unaware of how to write cheque in a proper way.
Here are some tips given to write a cheque in a proper manner
- First of all, you should fill in a date in the date box. It is called the date of issue. Mention a proper date at top right column with day, month and year in figures. Once the check issued it is valid for generally 3 months. Many a time the issuer of the check write a future date on the cheque. It is called Post Dated Cheque (PDC). It will not be cashed before the date which is written on the cheque.
- Thereafter write a name of the person or a firm in whose favour you want to write a cheque. It should be kept in mind clear that the name should be written in the proper manner as it is spelled in the same way as it is written on the account of beneficiary.
- The main important detail that should be written on the cheque is the amount. Fill the amount to be paid in the figures along the in the box. Never forget to strike a line after you write the amount as to prevent any alteration. For example Rs. 10000/-
- Thereafter rewrite the same amount in words in the rupees column. For example write Ten Thousand Only.
- In the last you should put your signature above your name written on cheque as to authorize the transaction. It must match with the signature specimen submitted to bank when you have opened a bank account.
- If you want to secure your cheque it should be ‘Account Payee’ check. For that you should mark out two parallel lines on the top left corner and write AC Payee in the middle of those two lines. It is also called crossed cheque. The account payee cheque will be paid to the account of the person in whose favour cheque is written not to the person who holds the cheque.
- If you want to cancel the check you should mark CANCEL in bold across the cheque. You should inform your bank or financial institute about a cheque number as it is cancelled for record.
- The most important thing that should be remembered while you are writing a cheque is that you can’t make any corrections or changes or overwrite a cheque that you have already filled as it is an invalid cheque. Cheque is valid only when it is properly written and duly signed by the account holder. Read more articles on rozyjos.
More Related Queries:
- How to fill Cheque deposit slip?
- Can we write account number on Cheque?
- How to write account payee cheque /RTGS transfer